U. Davis web, Sephardic songs

Thanks for pointing it out, Judy. Anything masterminded by Sam Armistead, the
great dean of Sephardic (and medieval and Spanish in general and other things)
is more than welcome, and this of course even more than more.
Sam is also a wonderful person, by the way, and was the impetus for my going
from medieval studies (I read a book of his, wrote him a fan letter and he
ended up the outside reader for my master's thesis on Jewish, Muslim and
CHristian women musicians in medieval Spain; he then pretty much propelled me
into Sephardic music studies).
A story about Sam:
years ago, my old Moroccan Sephardic group Gerineldo did a gig in San Francisco
and Sam came down from Davis to introduce us at the concert. It was a Saturday -
 the concert was after sundown, but Sam arrived during the afternoon. Two of us
in the group were non-observant and two were observant. Sam"(who is not Jewish)
grinned at us all and said, "so - you want me to be your Shabbes goy?

Judith