  From: Lori Cahan-Simon
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Sent: Sunday, December 22, 2002 6:24 PM
  Subject: Re: American Jewish songbooks

  As an addendum to this, can anyone tell me the years of publication of
Goldfarb's The Jewish Songster?  Wasn't it first published around 1918?  Was
the last one in the 1920s or later?  I know there are many sage collectors and
scholars on this list; I appreciate your help.

  Lor(Stuck in Cleveland, wishing I could go to New York)ele

  Lori Cahan-Simon wrote:

    Khaveyrim,

    Does anyone know if there were any books of American Jewish songs published
in between Harry Coopersmith's Songs of My People (Shiri Ami), published in
1937 by The Anshe Emet Synagogue (Chicago?), and Coopersmith's The Songs We
Sing (Ul'shonenu Rina) (New York, 1950)?

    Thanks,
    Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for
more info.

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->