Re: The Amranim duo

I have an LP of theirs, ISRAEL TODAY:  SONGS OF JERUSALEM BY THE AMRANIM,
on Verve Forecast FTS-3043.

I don't always share Simon's taste (and I don't know if this is
the "terrible" album, iho, that he referred to), but this album was
recommended to me precisely (and appropriately!) because of their
exhilarating "Dror Yikra"!

--Robert Cohen

   Does anyone have information about the Israeli duo - The Amranim? (In
   Hebrew it would be "Tzemed Ha'Amranim"). I have a tape (of a tape...)
   from the 80's of a recording titled "Ruach Dromit". It's a collection
   of traditional Yemenite (liturgical and popular) songs, arranged in a
   contemporary style.  I was wondering if CD's are available, and if
   they have other recordings.

   Toda Raba,

   Shirona