Re: Chinese Klezmer

----- Original Message -----
From: <AntiChatAdvocate (at) aol(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Sunday, December 15, 2002 10:31 PM
Subject: Chinese Klezmer

> Hey, I'm going to China in April and I was wondering if anyone knows of
anything klezmer-wise going on there at that time of year. Also, if anyone
knows of any shuls in the Shang-hai area that would be great, too.

> -Thanks
Just recently, CNN showed a bit of a production of "Animal Farm" in
Shanghai.  The part of the performance they showed included dancing to music
from the Klezmer Conservatory Band!  Maybe you can get to the bottom of that
mystery.