zydowski

While doing some research at the Spertis Center library I came across an
illustration of an obviously Jewish couple (he had payes) dancing a ZYDOWSKI
(according to the ribbon below them). A quick check on our friendly internet
yeilded this site: http://www.travers-music.com/nots.html with a midi version
of a zydowski and this info:Collection of 15 contemporary arrangements
(three-voice) of folk melodies from the Mazovian region, gathered by Oskar
Kolberg (1814-1890)
the tune sounded pretty Jewish, or Jewish friendly. Anyone have any more info
about the music, or better still, the type of dance?
Thanks,
Steve

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->