Yiddish Ein keiloheinu, error?

As I was reviewing my informant's rendition of the third verse which I sent
out yesterday:
3) Lomir loybn tsi indzer Got in keynem mer...Noyde Leyloykeyni
[equivalent to:
3) Lomir loybn undzer Got un keynem mer...]
It occured to me that strictly speaking "Nodeh Leiloheinu" should be
translated as "Let us thank our God" rather than "Let us praise our
God."  I don't think that my informant was misremembering his archaic
version, but in the interest of "full-disclosure" a modern singer might prefer
"Lomir badanken undzer Got un keynem mer...  " thereby also avoiding the
redundancy with the fourth verse (Geloybt iz undzer Got...)

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->