Re: TV theme show?

Given that the Dick van Dyke show was essentially the story of its Jewish
writer Carl Reiner (who occasionally appeared as 'Alan Brady') done up in
Gentile drag for the benefit of an audience that, imho, still hasn't fully
accepted Jewish characters as more than laugh objects, bringing its theme
back to its klezmer roots seems appropriate.

Not that I didn't enjoy the DvD Show and I fondly remember the episode with
sidekick Buddy Sorrell's adult bar mitzvah.  The show was progressive for
its day.

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music