Re: TV theme show?

it is The Munsters, he has been doing for years, and it is also on the new
CD.

by the way, there's a great routine by a NY Jewish performance artist
comparing the Jewish socioeconomic strata represented respectively by the
Munsters (working class, always striving for acceptance by the mainstream)
and the Addams Family (patricians - no pun intended - who never feel they
have to fit in; rather, supplicants come to them).  he takes for granted that
both sitcoms did have a Jewish subtext in the "freak" families meet America
narratives.  also, this routine of his fit in to a larger story of being
picked up at a gay bar by a man he'd known in high school; he then launches
into this brilliant soliloquy about the two TV shows as contrasting
Jewish-themed premises during the walk back to whosever place they go to.  I
saw him perform the piece twice in the early 90s, about the same time I first
heard Krakauer play the medley which includes the Munsters tune.  Maybe those
particular 1960s theme song writers were intentionally going modal here,
dontcha think?  (I wish the Twelve Tribes booklet attributed each theme to
its own writers... the credits for that track are one looooong string of
names.)

-Eve

drummer/bandleader
Metropolitan Klezmer & Isle of Klezbos