Re: Shirim Shines

Nothing was printed in the "Buffalo News" although I understand something was
sent in.  Only, thank goodness, a tiny blurb in the "Buffalo Jewish Review."
It probably did not get advertised in Toronto since the only klezmer
performer in the Niagara Symphony lives in Buffalo and would want to target
the area he knows well.  If it weren't for him, nobody in Buffalo would have
found out about it either unless one subscribed to this particular orchestra,
which is not very well known in the US.  Both Buffalo and Toronto have their
own symphonies.

It probably never occurred to the orchestra publicity folks that there was a
market in Toronto, Buffalo, Rochester and Hamilton for this particular
concert which, incidentally, also had a Saturday night show.  I assume they
never heard of klezmer before and didn't know better.  It is not that unusual.