Shmuel Brazil; shalosh-seudos in Far Rockaway

Khaverim,

I want to echo Robert Cohen's comments about Rabbi Shmuel Brazil.
I was privileged to hear Rabbi Brazil give an erev Shabbos drash
at Yeshiva Sh'or Yoshuv (in Far Rockaway) just before Yom Kippur.
His comments were inspiring, humbling, and deeply spiritual -
entirely appropriate to the season.  I'm grateful for having
met him in this context.

The next day, my son brought me to his rebbe's tish for shalosh
seudos, where I heard a beautiful nign (in 3/4) that begins azoy:

 Vi zenen di heylige teg?
 Zey zenen avekgegangen.
 Me ken zey nisht haltn,
 Nor mit ayzerne klangen.

Does this yontefdike musar-nign sound familiar to anyone?  There
were about five more verses, although the combination of Shabbos
wine, no pencils, and a meager memory make it hard for me to
recall exactly.

Yankl