RE: subscription

Your friend must be recommended and her name put forward by a member in good
standing.  If initially approved, her name is forwarded to the selection
commitee who votes. If the vote is "yea", her name is then presented to the
whole membership for a vote. The vote must be unanimous.

If rejected, she may not submit her name again for seven years.

Oh.
This list!  Ah never mind.  Sorry. I thought you were talking about my shul.
(The "other" shul, I wouldn't put a foot in, never mind!)

OK here is the "official" info from Ari:

"Admininistrativa, such as joining the list, leaving the list, or
searching the archives are all handled by the listproc software on
Shamash. The address for these administrative requests is:

listproc (at) shamash(dot)org

To join the list send a message to the above address which contains
the line:

subscribe jewish-music Your_first_name Your_last_name

where you put your name in the appropriate spot above."
Good luck!

Ed