RE: Sukkot tunes on Internet - Hebrew U.

The credit for this Sukkot series, as for all the other online Jewish
music series featured in the National Sound Archives at the Jewish
National and University Library (aka the "Fonoteqah", in Hebrew),
goes to the NSA staff, directed by dr. Gila Flam, and especially to
Ruth Freed, the amazing Fonoteqah archivist.

The NSA were founded in 1964 (more or less) by Israel Adler, along
with the Jewish Music Research Center of the Hebrew University of
Jerusalem. They store thousands and thousands of hours of field
recordings.

They do amazing work -- and I saw these pages being put online last
week (I am spending the academic year in Jerusalem): I can never stop
praising the enormous value that the NSA have for anybody involved in
Jewish music.

So please visit their pages often, e-mail them, make sure that the
recordings you produce are also kept there, and support their work in
any way you can!

Chag sameach!
Francesco

--

YUVAL ITALIA      Centro Studi Musica Ebraica
the  Italian Center for the Study of Jewish Music

via della Guastalla,19            20122 Milano Italy
tel/fax +39 02 55014977    yuval (at) powerlink(dot)it
            http://www.powerlink.it/yuval