new klezmer/Yiddish/Israeli music reviews in Sing Out magazine

The new issue of Sing Out magazine (Vol 46, No. 3, Fall 2002, Ralph Stanley
on the cover) includes reviews of recent CDs by Sandra Layman, the
Alexandria Kleztet, and the Lori Cahan-Simon Ensemble, as well as the set of
three recent Columbia/Legacy re-releases (Abe Schwartz, Tanz! by
Tarras/Musiker and From Avenue A to the Great White Way), reviews written by
yours truly.

These follow in the wake of reviews by me in the summer issue (Vol 46 No. 2)
of Cds by a bunch of non-Jewish Gypsy artists, and the spring issue (46/1),
which included reviews of works by Di Naye Kapelye, Elie Rosenblatt and Pete
Rushefsky, Chava Alberstein and Yid Vicious.

Upcoming: look for reviews by me in Sing Out of new CDs by Naftule's Dream,
Chicago Klezmer Ensemble, Frank London's Klezmer Brass AllStars and Wolf
Krakowski, among others.

At some point, hopefully sooner rather than later, all of these reviews will
be posted at www.rogovoy.com. I don't believe Sing Out posts its reviews on
its own website.

Seth Rogovoy
author of "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to Jewish Roots and
Soul"
http://www.algonquin.com/catalog/pagemaker.cgi?1-56512-244-5
"invaluable" -- New York Times
"indispensable" -- George Robinson, Jewish Week