You say tsimbl I say cymbalom ..er I mean cimbalom

Hello,

I'm ready to make the leap and buy a tsimbl (I also feel like I'm trying to
spell Chanukah I don't know which one is correct - if any spelling ). I've
been playing a borrowed one of unknown provenance. Old - middle European.

My question is - of the cymbaloms out there what are their attributes. I'll
be playing in a small Klezmer ensemble, mostly traditional arrangements. Is
there one better for such work. Sound quality, workmanship, adaptability any
comments would be welcome.

I believe all of the following are available:

Alex Udvary (several of his smaller models) 3 strings per course

Jozef Jankowski  5 strings per course

Gillian Alcock 3 string courses

If there are any others I would be glad to hear about them.

Shalom

Kurt Klappenbach
Maine

Zol zayn Shabbes iber der ganster velt.