Re: Israeli tangos

Can't say fopr sure, but as I recall there's a tango on the Maramoros cd by
Musickaz (sp?) and Judit Fregyesi's essay has something to say about tangos,
perhaps in regard to chasidic traditions.  Sorry, my recall isn't better, but
there's definitely an Ashkenazi lineage for tangos (tangim?) (tangit?).

Git shabes,

--
Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music