Fwd: Fred Katz

Khaverim,

The following is a request for information from one of our musicology
doctoral students.  While he has requested that you contact him off list, I
think the subject is apropos an on list response as well.

Shalom,

>I am looking for information on Fred Katz, a jazz cellist who worked
>with the Chico Hamilton group in the 1950s and was later an
>ethnomusicology professor at Cal State Northridge. Among his many, many
>projects, he wrote music for a Jewish music album, "Folk Songs for Far
>Out Folks." Any information anyone might have on him (including his
>current whereabouts) would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me
>off-list at ford0032 (at) umn(dot)edu(dot)
>
>Phil Ford
>University of Minnesota

Alex Lubet, Ph. D.
Morse Alumni Distinguished Teaching Professor of Music
Adjunct Professor of American and Jewish Studies
University of Minnesota
100 Ferguson Hall
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612 624-7840 (o)