Re: Fred Katz

Hope this helps.

Title: Folk songs for far out folks
Author(s): Katz, Fred, 1919-  prf
Publication: [Burbank, Calif.] :; Warner Bros.,
Year: 1959
Language: N/A
Music Type: Multiple forms; Folk music; Jazz
Standard No: Publisher: WS 1277; Warner Bros.
  SUBJECT(S)
Descriptor: Folk songs, American -- Instrumental settings.
Folk songs, African (Instrumental setting)
Folk songs, Hebrew (Instrumental setting)
Note(s): Program notes by Fred Katz and texts to various poems by Lawrence
Lipton on container./ Participants: Folk songs interpreted by jazz
ensemble; Fred Katz, piano, cello, and arranger-conductor./ Recorded in
Hollywood, July 21, Aug. 19, and Sept. 17, 1958.
Other Titles: Mate'ka.; Sometimes I feel like a motherless child.; Been in
the pen so long.; Chili'lo.; Rav's nigun.; Old paint.; Manthi-ki.; Baal
shein tov.; Foggy, foggy dew.
Responsibility: The Fred Katz orchestras.
Material Type: Music (msr); LP (lps)
Document Type: Sound Recording
Entry: 19860201
Update: 20011023
Accession No: OCLC: 13096946

At 01:52 AM 7/12/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>FWIW, I cannot access this site.
>
>But in any case, can anyone enlighten re the contents of FOLK SONGS FOR
>FAR-OUT FOLKS?  I turned up a Google reference to it, but it was not
>informative re contents--specifically (which I'd like to know) or even in
>terms of overall style(s) or genre(s).
>
>--Robert Cohen
>

>>You'll find some more info on Fred Katz at All Music Guide.
>>
>>http://allmusicguide.com/cg/amg.dll

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420 USA

Home Office:    781-862-4104
FAX:            781-862-0498
Email:          joel(dot)br (at) verizon(dot)net