[no subject]

The source that I used for Country Joe was his own website www.countryjoe.com
on that site at the following url >http://www.countryjoe.com/babbitt.htm Joe
traces his family background within the context of Manny Babbitt's death
sentence
as follows:
"Also very surprisingly I am a Jew with distant family ties to Manuel Babbitt's
victim, Leah Schendel. Leah Schendel's niece is Stella Plotnick. My mother was
Florence Plotnick. Her mother was Bella Voronoff who married Harry Plotnick
after they both immigrated to escape the Russian Czar's persecution of Jews.
And also the Plotnick brothers escaped being forced to join the Czar's army.
And lastly I have my own case of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder brought on by
my awareness at the age of ten of the horrors of the holocaust and us being
Jewish. I saw my own parents manifest PTSD symptoms as a result of their
persecution
for left wing political activities, Jewish pogroms, The Great Depression and
of course WW2."

 This thread was fun for me at first and it brought back memories of al kooper,
barry goldberg, and mike bloomfield....but... as I looked into it further and
found hate sites that listed people who were 1/8 and 1/16 jewish
http://www.jewwatch.com/jew-entertainment-folder.html#anchor436002
the source for the marianne faithfull post..... i realized i was more into the
music than the parnetage of the musicians ........so...it wasnt my cousin carly
nor my brother paul who told me.........elliott