mistaken yinglish (yinglish II), and... well... stuff.

Hello folks.
Somewhat off-topic: I have a side tangent based on the current Yinglish thread
that might sound completely insane, but: Did anyone else here grow up using
words that they THOUGHT were Yiddish, but in fact were not? I can't think of
all of them right now, but one is "decrepit." I always figured it was an
imported word until tenth grade when we had to look it up in the dictionary. I
know I have a lot more, but I can't think of them right now.

Completely off-topic: Everyone go read
http://www.audiogalaxy.com/articles?&a=237 or -- as usual -- I breaka you face.

Slight rescuing of that link: It's about dirty (i.e. sexy) old blues songs...
these are really filthy songs. "I got nipples on my titties as big as the end
of my thumbs / I got something between my legs 'll make a dead man come..."
That's just the first two lines of "Shave 'Em Dry II" (which seems, for some
reason, to have surprising appeal to people who'd never listen to old blues
otherwise). Anyway... how about dirty songs in Yiddish? Are there a lot? Has
anyone recorded any? I want to learn some :)

Good personal news from me: I got a fellowship this summer giving me mad money
to do research on comic books, I might instead go to Israel (an english
immersion camp) or California, both for free, and they told me at the yeshiva
(where they have services) that there're people i can call to get yiddish
classes this summer or next year. YAY! This is step one towards fulfilling my
recurring fantasy of having a yiddish hip-hop group (yeah, I know it's been
done, but I want to do it too) and then going on tour with the hip hop hoodios

Also: Everyone should spend a shabbes with chabad sometime... you learn a lot
of good songs

k, that's enough.

- "the irrepressable" yakov chododsh (thanks, ari)