Nicki and Lisa and other stuff

I just received in the mail a CD entitled "the awabakal suite"...it is a self
pressed and distributed CD featuring Nicki Parrott on bass, (the subject of
a minor list discussion a few weeks ago) and her sister Lisa on sax. it is
available
through www.parrottmusic.com The cd is not klezmer (although in the indian raga
part of the suite i detect some long lost connection , perhaps this is just
my ears playing tricks)but after 2 listenings it has some beautiful pieces on
it, schumann's concerto in A minor for cello (played on the bass by nicki) is
wonderful...also...i wont be in ny tomw...if anyone catches mikveh at the
tonic...wold
love a report...thanks to all, who after my somewhat tongue in cheek question,
gave me an education on kurt weill and jewish music........the vassar production
of seven deadly sins was quite creative..using a monopoly board and pieces to
represent travel through the american cities in the play....thanx for so many
interesting posts...the knowledge base this list represents is pretty
amazing.....elliott