klez madness at symphony space

Mike...Thanks for your thoughtful and insightful post on the klez madness
concert
at symphony space..I wanted to be there and it sounds like it was a great
event...David
Krakauer is so good at bringing together top flight jazz musicians and fitting
them into a cohesive group that is able to produce a great listening experience.
As you said, Niki Parrott and Kevin Norton are great musicians who have
considerable
jazz catalogues outside the group. If you havent checked out two collaborations
from Nicki Parrott, they are well worth it; a recent release with her sister,
Lisa, a sax player and another with guitarist Ron Jackson. www.parrottmusic.com
Kevin Norton also has several cds where he has written much of the material,
"knots" features a tune he wote for David that features some hot Krakauer
clarinet
playing. Recent concerts have also featured Sheryl Bailey on guitar who has
a new cd debuting soon "the power of 3". I think no matter the style of music;
top flight musicians like David brings together, can take the music to another
level. Again, thanks for sharing a great evening with us....elliott