Re: The Anthology of Jewish Music "Yiddishe Momme" (volume 6)

"nastya":

I don't post to the list often, but I don't think you
do either, since I've been on the list for years and
never seen your name before. so I feel you should know
that sending dozens of big huge files to the list (or
any list, for that matter)is really not
acceptable.It's important to be aware of local mores
for individual lists, but I don't know of any where
sending huge amounts of unsolicited files ("spam") is
acceptable. If there's something you want to get out,
please write a brief description, then ask people if
they want whatever it is and then send it to those
individuals. You completely disabled my account by
sending all that stuff at once.

Alana Suskin

--- Nastya <nastya (at) mystery(dot)msk(dot)ru> wrote:

> Yiddishe Momme
> (Volume VI)

> 1. Odessa Mama 2:36 | 2. Mazel Tov 3:09 | 3. Far
> Neela Nokh Neela 2:45 | 4. Ruchel 3:08 | 5.
> Ai-D-Dai-Da 2:27
> 6. Rumania Rumania 3:05 | 7. Skrip, Klezmer, Skrip
> 3:13 | 8. Yach Tsiri Bim 2:42 | 9. As Men Farzucht
> 2:58
> 10. Oib mir Bessarabia 3:10 | 11. Tsen Kopikes 2:25
> | 12. Dos Oibershte Fun Shtoisel 2:31 | 13. In Odess
> 3:00
> Bonus:
> 14. Den Rebens Nigun (Elenkrig's orch.) 3:07
> 15. Medley Fox Trot (Ted Lewis) 3:05

>     Aaron Lebedeff (1873-1960) - the name of this
> splendid singer of Jewish songs is introduced in the
> Large Jewish Encyclopedia. Aaron Lebedeff stands out
> among other singers due to his amazing uncommon
> timbre and ideally sharpened intonation, covering
> the full range from the sparkling laughter to the
> bitter tears of despair. For many years he was a
> collector of Jewish folklore. He recorded more then
> 300 folk songs. To our great regret the only few of
> them have survived being recorded in
> pre-revolutionary St-Petersburg, in Paris, Vienna,
> Warsaw and London before the World War II. Some of
> them, represented here, are Jewish folk songs
> performed by Lebedeff . They were recorded in New
> York between 1920-40. For many years the singer
> worked together with the most famous Klezmer singer,
> Dave Tarras. They sang duets with Molli Pikon in
> tracking of the world popular Jewish orchestras.

=====
The one who increases knowledge, increases pain (Kohelet 1:18)
And what's this?
-It is worth it for a person to increase pain, provided that they increase
knowledge as well.
                    Menachem Mendel of Kotsk