The Anthology of Jewish Music "Yiddishe Momme" (volume 2)

Yiddishe Momme
(Volume II)

1. Shenkel Arein - Berel Chagy. 1925 | 2. Hamavdil - Joseph Rosenblat. 1924 |
3. A chazendel oif Shabbes - Arthur Tracy. 1936
4. Havdallah - Gershon Sirota. 1928 | 5. Shir Hamaalos - Joseph Rosenblat. 1927
| 6. V'Haarev No - David Roitman. 1927
7. Al Tiro Avdi Yakov  - Berel Chagy. 1925 | 8. Tal - Leib Glautz. 1929 | 9.
Umipney Chatoeinu - Gershon Sirota. 1908
10. Tikanto Shabbos - Mordechai Hershman. 1925 | 11. Die Negidim Un Die
Kabzonim - Mordechai Hershman. 1920
12. Zur Yisroel - Sawel Kwartin. 1927 | 13. Hashkiveinu - Moses Mirsky. 1904 |
14. Mi Sheoso Nissim - David Roitman. 1927
15. Hebrew Lied - Sawel Kwartin. 1920 | 16. Sh'me Yisroel - Moses Mirsky. 1914

          The singing of the Cantors is completely unique part of the Jewish
music heritage.
In your hands you have the only one in its kind, absolutely unique release of
everyday folk songs performed by cantors - the singers of religious ritual
psalms and prayers.  These records were made in West Europe and America between
1904-1936.
The most attractive and interesting records are those of Artur Treisy, Savel
Kwartin, Moises Mirsky  - the strong amazing sound of the cantors and very
typical Klezmer intonation.  "Sh'me Yisroel"  (" Listen to me, Israel" ) was
first published in 1914 and became a real hymn for all the Jewish people.