Re: yiddish language decline?

Tayere Lenitshke,

How've you been?  Well, I hope.

This talk of dead yidish really pisses me off.  There are languages that
have one or two speakers and are not called dead until the last speaker
dies.  Yidish still has about 2 million, if I'm not mistaken.

I'm interested in the play you mention.  Would you tell me more about it
and the songs in it?  Have you seen it?

mit frayndshaft,
Lorele

--
You can now hear Lori's new CD, Songs My Bubbe Should Have Taught Me; Vol.1:
Passover, at: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/lcahan Only $15 & postage. Email me for

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->