RE: Klezmer 101: Seth Rogovoy teaches in Boston area

> Hi Seth. What would it take to get you to speak in Chicago? 8)

I don't know if Brian was joking or not, but seriously, anyone who is
interested in having
me come give a talk or a series of classes along these lines should please
contact
me directly. I do this sort of thing frequently, and not only on klezmer
(also on Bob Dylan and
other topics, some but not all of which are related to Jewish music).

FYI I'll also be presenting my multimedia program, "Rockin' the Shtetl: The
Essential Klezmer,"
at the Washington DC Jewish Music Festival on May 4th. More on that later.

Seth Rogovoy
author of "The Essential Klezmer: A Music Lover's Guide to Jewish Roots and
Soul"

?An informative and entertaining guide?.Seth Rogovoy lucidly explains what?s
culturally significant about klezmer; better yet, he captures the music?s
fun.? ? jazz critic Francis Davis, author of "Bebop And Nothingness" and
"The History Of The Blues."