Re: Rummaging through old LPs

Maybe this is related info to the Tikvah Records T-78.  I have Tikvah
Records T-4 called "Jewish Wedding Dances" credited on the LP label (but
not the album cover) to the "Tikvaleers" (I could not have made that one
up), but the album cover does state "authentic freilachs polkas horas shers
kozatskis doinas waltzes mazurkas featuring Sam Musiker and his
clarinet".  So perhaps Musiker also led the "Tikvah Chassidic Orchestra."

At 09:02 PM 3/15/02, elliott_simon (at) dca(dot)net wrote:
>I have come across two LPs and I am wondering if anyone on the list knows for
>sure who the players are. The first is a Tikvah Records album from the 60s I
>believe. Chassidic Wedding Dances credited to the Tikvah Chassidic Orchestra
>it is number T-78. Songs on the record include ur'e vo-nim, v'enenu sireno,
>lubavitcher tantz, chasidic nigun, rikud nigun, achake lo, hine ma tov, eshes
>chayil, chardash, rebbins nigun, chassidic march and omar hashem l'yaakov. In
>searching for this record the closest match i could come up with was Rudy
>Teppel,
>having released similar albums on Tikva, he is not credited anywhere on the
>album.

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ