Re: Rosenblatt Sources

At 06:26 AM 2/5/02, I. Oppenheim wrote:
>On my site (http://www.xs4all.nl/~danio/irwin/music/)
>I made a list of all the sources of Rosenblatt material that
>I'm aware of.
>
>I would appreciate additions or corrections to this list.

A transcription and recording of Rosenblatt's V'af Hu Hoyo Miskaven is
included in Tara's book/CD compilation "Golden Age of Cantors "
http://www.jewishmusic.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/capas10t.htm?L+jmcom+ixeb6120+1015459431

BTW, this is an excellent resource for good transcriptions
of  East-European hazzanut.  Some make an attempt at fitting the music to
bar lines, while others provide more accurate transcriptions devoid of
metricality.

>      Victor Tunkel wrote to me:
>
>      > I should mention that quite a few things that he popularised were
>      > not written by him. "His" Shir Hama'alot for example is by
>      > Minkowsky. The chassidic kaddish is probably by Jacob Gottlieb,
>      > better known as Yankel der Hezeriker. The Retsei Atiratam is by
>      > Machtenberg; and so on.

Rosenblatt also recorded Oshamnu Mikol Om, a cover of the cantorial hit
recorded earlier by the composer, Cantor David Roitman.

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ