Re: "shiker iz a goy"

In a message dated 2/8/2 7:55:55 AM, BWerb (at) ushmm(dot)org writes:

<< The song appeared on Mordechai Hershman's half-cantorial/half-Yiddish LP,
which I see is partly reissued ("goy" intact!) on the cassette "Yiddish
Masterpieces vol. 2."  Tara lists this item and I'd guess Simon sells it

This CD has been a best seller for years at Hatikvah. Unfortunately, it was
accidentally dropped from our web site, though it is in stock.

The CD is a compilation of some of the "older" artists in Yiddish. Other
artists on the CD are Yossele Rosenblatt (My Yiddishe Mamme), Seymour
Rechtzeit (Mizerlou), The Bagelman Sisters AKA The Barry Sisters (Eshet
Chail), Moyshe Oysher & The Barry Sisters (Alevay ) in Yiddish/English, as
well as Jan Peerce, Misha Alexandrovitch, Moshe Koussevitsky and more.

By the way, we are also expecting a NEW Yiddish CD by Hershman and it might
possibly include the song --listed as "Geit A Goy In Shenkel Arein" (my
spelling).
Simon
Hatikvah Music
323) 655-7083