Dance troupes - was Lorele's article

In a message dated 2/8/02 10:24:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lkoenick (at) erols(dot)com writes:

> Let me
> suggest again that communities could form troupes such as those that do
> Israeli dance that could perform and assist at various simchas.  I think
> people would welcome them.

Hi Leonard,

>From your mouth to the JCC's ears.  The organizations that profess to
represent the Jewish communities and look out for our interests think we are
only interested in exercise equipment and boys basketball.  There's
supposedly money in this.
Jewish programming?  Supposedly no money in this.

Because of lack of interest on the part of the JCC's and synagogues and
Jewish Day schools to sponsor Israeli and Jewish recreational dance at their
facilities, there are few dancers around with which to form these troupes.
And nobody will pay the organizer, leader, choreographer.

It would be a great idea if there were funding.  Nobody wants to do this for
free anymore.

I'll be happy to dance with you sometime.

Best,

Willa
Willa Horowitz

Leader and teacher of Israeli, Jewish and International folk dance

130 Mount Sanford Road
Hamden, CT 06518
203-248-0291

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->