Dunkin' Bagel: The Music of Blacks and Jews

I'm presenting the following program as part of the Torathon at CSAIR, 250th
Street and Henry Hudson Parkway East, Bronx/Riverdale, NY, on Saturday night,
February 9, from 8-8:50pm.

Torathon registration begins at 7:30pm.  The Torathon includes 3 sessions with
multiple choices, and goes until 11:30pm with Israeli dancing and refreshments
at the end.

(Suggested $10 donation for adult education fund and refreshments.  Babysitting
from USY available)

For directions, go to
http://www.riverdalevillage.com/users/csair/index.html

For more information on the Torathon, contact Carol Slotkin at csexecdir (at)
earthlink(dot)net or me at wiener (at) mindspring(dot)com

Dunkin' Bagel: The Music of Blacks and Jews

We continue our exploration of the relationship between Blacks and Jews as
expressed through popular music, this time from the Cold War to the present.
Using numerous audio and video excerpts we will hear evidence of similarities
and differences, and common and separate concerns of African and Jewish
Americans in the music of Nat King Cole, Billie Holiday, Bob Dylan, Randy
Newman, Michael Jackson, Public Enemy, Lenny Kravitz, and others.

Robert Wiener has presented multi-media Jewish music programs at
universities, synagogues, YM/YWHAs, and CAJE.  As a legal studies professor at
Pace University's Lubin School of Business, he compares American law and Jewish
rabbinic law in matters of business ethics.  He proudly shares his home with
wife Jackey Gold, daughters Galit and Batya, and thousands of recordings.

I hope to see you there.

Bob

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->