Rosenblatt's Recitatives online

For the first time since 1928, the famous Recitative Book (39pp) of
Yossele Rosenblatt (1882-1933) is again available, now on my web site.
Rosenblatt wrote about his own recitatives:

   "In producing them I was moved by the double impulse of serving the
   needs of the Jewish Cantor and of demonstrating to the musical world at
   large that genuine Jewish Chazanuth can still satisfy completely even
   the refined taste of today. ...I shall feel amply rewarded for my
   efforts when I shall see this work widely disseminated."

The address of my web site is:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~danio/irwin/music/

I hope that this project will enable many people to fully enjoy the
fascinating recitatives of the "King of Cantors."

A midi of his first 'Veshameru' is also available.

Irwin Oppenheim