Re: kohen/levi/yisroel

> > I don't know what my musical family was on either side, unfortunately (
> > interesting stories, though), so we claim Yisroel.

A friend of mine has lived with a non-Jewish guy for many years.  (By know,
he probably knows more than many Jews {sigh} and has probably been to more
services as well {ditto}.)  Anyway, they were (not untypically, i.e.) in a
new shul once, visiting out of town, and the gabbai approached her guy and
asked him if he was a kohen or levi (i.e., seeing same for aliyot to the
Torah).  He said no, and the gabbai replied, "So you're just a regular guy,
I guess."  To which my friend's friend responded, "More regular than you
know."

--Robert Cohen