Re: Yiddish translator for English Song?

hi Lori -- I sent this on to Michael Wex and Michael Alpert.  Good luck.
Jenny

From: MaxwellSt (at) aol(dot)com
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:10:25 EST
To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Subject: Yiddish translator for English Song?

First of all, let me thank Ari and all of you again for being such an
amazing resource! I almost don't feel lost in the cornfields....

I have an original (folk)song which I would like to have translated into
singable Yiddish verse.  Obviously, to get it to rhyme there will need to be
a fair amount of poetic license on the part of the translator.  I am
thinking of a contemporary feeling as opposed to formal verse.

What you get:
1) Paid...something
2) Credit if I record it
3) Rights to record it yourself
4) All that artistic nachis

Please contact me directly if you'd like to talk about it.  It might also be
of interest to the group to know who in this circle considers themselves a
translator, in case others want to access this resource as well.

Lori Lippitz

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->