tsimbl and pronoun abuse among us khakhomim

Roger/Ronan,
You wrote the following:
"Az mir vil shlogn a tsimbl, gefintmin a shtekn"
to which one must respond:
"az dir vil shlogn a tsimbl, darf es gefinen a shtekn mit vos dir tsu derlangen"
[if a tsimbl-zither wants to hit you, it has to find a stick with which to give
you "what for"]

In your post on "kol isha" and Miram's singing, you got your Hebrew feminine
and masculine plural pronouns right, but in your "signature quote" you messed
up your Yiddish impersonal pronouns ('men' meaning 'one' and no relation to the
English masculine noun).

You probably meant to say
"az men vil shlogn a tsimbl, gefint men a shtekn."
[If one wants to hit a tsimbl, one finds a stick]

With all this talk of beating with sticks (as in khad gadyo) and of Miriam
singing and dancing, it might as well be pesakh. So, in that spirit,
afilu kulanu khakhomim, we can always stand to have already well-known Jewish
information repeated so that we can ensure that it is still widely well known.
Lee

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.