SAVE: unsubscribe info and more

I guess it's time to send out one of these messages again. The least useful way
to unsubscribe, or to change your address, or to do any subscription stuff on
the jewish-music list is to send an e-mail to the list. It's like sending a
change of address to a magazine's editorial department. Not only can't anyone
there help, but the message may never get forwarded to the subscription
department.

In this case, I usually see the message, but you've now broadcast the fact that
you don't have a clue to a few hundred of your closest friends ;-).

1. When you join the list, you automatically get a message about how to
unsubscribe, how to get help. SAVE IT.

2. If you have lost it, you can always send me e-mail.

3. You can change your e-mail address, set the list to "postpone" (which simply
stops delivery until you tell the subscription service otherwise), subscribe,
or unsubscribe from the links at
http://www.ivritype.com/jlists.html#jewish-music

4. To unsubscribe, send e-mail to     listproc (at) shamash(dot)org
with the one-line message:
   unsubscribe jewish-music

5. To change your e-mail address, FROM THE ADDRESS BY WHICH THE LIST KNOWS YOU
send e-mail to    listproc (at) shamash(dot)org
with the one-line message
   set jewish-music address [new address] for [old address]

6. Whenever anything goes wrong, please feel free to contact me, off-list:
   ari (at) ivritype(dot)com

7. Don't stop posting things related to jewish-music to
   jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org

Enjoy!

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/