  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
[mailto:owner-jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org]On Behalf Of Jenny Levison
  Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 12:24 PM
  To: World music from a Jewish slant
  Subject: Re: Dem Milners Trern

    Richard -- here's a quick translation -- probably with some subtle
errors, since i'm not fluent...  but it'll be pretty close:

    oh how many years
    have passed
    since i've been a miller here
    the wheels turn
    the years pass
    i'm growing old and grey.

    there are days
    i want to remember
    if i had a little happiness?
    the wheels turn
    the years pass
    i don't get any answers

    i heard it said
    they want to drive me out
    away from my village and away from the mill
    the wheels turn
    the years pass
    without an end, without a goal

    where will i live?
    who will care for me?
    i'm already old, i'm already tired
    the wheels turn
    the years pass
    and with them, also go the jews

    (or more poetically, as the mloteks translated: and soon no trace of the
jews will remain)

    Take care, Jenny Levison