re: Leonard Cohen

At 03:13 PM 11/2/01, Klezcorner (at) aol(dot)com wrote:
>Leonard Cohen has been a customer at Hatikvah for many years...and he always
>purchases the same item a Sabbath Service by Shalom Katz.  He says he plays
>them constantly and wears them out (cassettes).

This is probably the most promising news that I've heard regarding the
current popularity of cantorial music.  Make that the =only= promising news
I've heard.

My only concern is that Mr. Cohen may actually be consuming these
recordings in some sinister occult ritual that I have trouble imagining...

A gute vokh.

Cantor Sam Weiss === Jewish Community Center of Paramus, NJ