Klezmatics at the Bottom Line

    On Saturday Night I saw the Klezmatics at the Bottom Line. I went to the
first set with some friends who live in NYC, and sat right up front near
Frank. The played the Holly Near song that everyone was raving about at the
Tonic show last month was amazing.
    The only thing that surprised me about their set is that they didn't play
any music off The Well. But the change in the lyrics to Shnirele Perele made
it even more special. The Purim song is something that you have to experience
in person, it is presented in a way that only the Klezmatics could do it.

    Their was one funny note about the Bottom Line, one member of the party
that I was with went up to the bar to get some drinks. I had asked her to get
me a shot of schlivitz, but they responded that they don't serve "cute
drinks." Is Schlivitz a "cute" drink in anyone's book?

Matt Temkin