From: Yakov Chodosh <ync8 (at) softhome(dot)net>
To: World music from a Jewish slant <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 23, 2001 4:19 AM
Subject: Re: College/University Klezmer Ensembles

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:51:45 CDT, you wrote:

>Greetings,
>I am trying to gather information on colleges and universities that offer
>klezmer ensembles to students.

If we're talking about "official" school bands, probably there aren't many.
I know there's one at Yale. Then again, the "yale klezmer band" might just
be an orgainaztion.
My friend Mike Winograd was telling me about the one he's helping to lead at
the New England Conservatory, an official one.

best of luck ~ yakov
"Get more bells and whistles, with fewer strings attached." - advertisement.