Re: New York Zydeco Klezmer band ?

Ernie Gruner wrote:

> Recently I heard a report of a New York band fusing Zydeco and Klezmer. My
> friend said the name is Zydecoldsmobile or Zydecold or something like
that,
> had 2 CDs and that they were hot.
> Does anyone know the correct name? any comments on the band sound ? thanks
> Ernie
>
> Ernie Gruner * KLEZMERITIS *  613 9386 7108 * erniegru (at) mira(dot)net

Klezperanto is a new band that mixes several influences into klezmer music,
among them zydeco.  A check on Amazon.com turned up only one album of their
own, plust a track on another album.  They aren't known as a NY band - the
members are (or were) also in the Klezmer Conservatory Band from Boston.

I have their CD, also called Klezperanto, and love their sound and what they
are doing musically.