Re: suspension of Steven Stowe from the list

At 03:45 PM 9/12/2001 -0400, you wrote:

> Ari has the right to take anyone off the list who he feels is not
> cooperative, and he has been even-handed about it in the past, so I certainly
>
> trust his judgment.

I am confounded by letters sent by Steven Stowe to several members of this list
claiming that his suspension from the list was due to his posting about the
"off-topic" subject of blood donations.

As I have repeatedly posted, it is the last thing on my mind to worry about
subject matter at this time, =especially= with regard to posting of information
relevant to the tragedy in New York. Those who have received e-mail on this
subject will note that despite the e-mail, his posts =are= in yesterday's list
archive http://www.shamash.org/listarchives/jewish-music/010911 .

It is absolutely true that Dr. Stowe was removed after a discussion that has
gone on for a couple of weeks about what is and is not appropriate to post, and
my sense that he needs a time out from this list, related to other matters. I
have no desire to discuss his private affairs publicly, or with any person
other than Steven Stowe. I would appreciate consideration in returning this
issue to private e-mail.

I wish him well, and my heart goes out to him at a time when he is at the front
line in trying to provide medical care to survivors of yesterday's terrorism.

ari

Ari Davidow
ari (at) ivritype(dot)com
list owner, jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org
the klezmer shack: http://www.klezmershack.com/