Re: new Yiddish radio program

In a message dated 9/7/01 1:23:19 PM, gottesman (at)
yiddish(dot)forward(dot)com writes:

<< , looking at klezmer bands that have developed in colleges around the
nation -
Itzik Gottesman >>

If you need to fill any of that very short time that you have you can mention
the Mount Holyoke College klezmer band with me as director as opposed to many
that are student run. As an aside, I got it going after I begged the
administration to do SOMETHING else instead of Flute Choir. The
administration was happy to "diversify" the campus offerings.  We've had this
band for about 4 years, of course with personnel that changes each year.
Mostly non-Jewish students join; they love the newness of the sound for them.
Anyway, there you have it for what it's worth....
Adrianne Greenbaum