More quotes by musicians (some Jewish!)

I couldn't resist:]
Lorele

There are more bad musicians than there is bad music."
--Isaac Stern

I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail
outside a window and trying to stick to the
panes of glass with its claws."
--Charles Baudelaire

In the first movement alone, I took note of six pregnancies and at least  four
miscarriages."
--Sir Thomas Beecham on Bruckner's Seventh Symphony

"What can you do with it? It's like a lot of yaks jumping about."
--Sir Thomas Beecham on Beethoven's Seventh Symphony

Sir Thomas Beecham was once asked if he had played  any Stockhausen.  "No," he
replied, "but I have trodden in some."

"Rossini would have been a great composer if his  teacher had spanked him
enough on his backside."
--Ludwig van Beethoven

"Schoenberg is too melodious for me, too sweet."
--Bertolt Brecht

"He'd be better off shoveling snow."
--Richard Strauss on Arnold Schoenberg.

Why is it that whenever I hear a piece of music I don't like, it's always by
Villa-Lobos?"
--Igor Stravinsky

If he'd been making shell-cases during the war it might have been better for
music."
--Maurice Ravel on Camille Saint-Saens
--- Begin Message ---