NOMAD Festival

The Northeast Music, Art and Dance Festival is scheduled this year for the
weekend of October, 26, 27 and 28th.  NOMAD is held at Newtown High School in
Newtown, CT.  It is located at exit 11 just off Route 84 and is very easy to
get to especially from NY, Mass. and most of CT.

Of Jewish music and dance interest:

Saturday, Oct. 27th-    Klezmer Music jam with Margot Leverett
                                     NEFESH Klezmer performance
                                     Klezmer Dance with Willa Horowitz and
Margot
                                     Leverett and Friends
Sun., Oct.  28th-          Classic Israeli Dance Workshop with Danny Pollock

NOMAD follows a format that is similar to NEFFA which encourages
participation and immersion in the music and dance offerings.

Additional fun at NOMAD 2001:

Dance: Hours and hours of contra, square, English, Scottish,Waltz
International ( French, Italian, Russian, Scandi, Irish, Macedonian,
Bulgarian)
Shoumen ensemble from Bulgaria!

Music:  Sea shanties, bluegrass, old timey, ballads, humorous songs, song
swaps, rounds, jams, jams, jams, instrument lessons, Bulgarian Choral
singing, afro-carribean and more!

Lots of stuff for children! Storytelling, family dance, singing, arts and
crafts

Check our website for info re: schedule, lodging directions, etc.  This
year's grid should be posted soon.

<A HREF="www.geocities.com/nomadfest">www.geocities.com/nomadfest</A>

We are also selling ads for our program booklet.  If you perform, run a venue
or have a business anywhere from Maine to Northern Va. you might want to buy
an ad.  It supports a great festival and attendees from your area will see
it.  Contact me offlist for details.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Willa

Willa Horowitz

Leader and teacher of Israeli, Jewish and International folk dance

130 Mount Sanford Road
Hamden, CT 06518
203-248-0291

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->