Re: The Clarinetists Guide to Learning Klezmer

Your e-mail about your book came at a very interesting time.  Our music
director is talking about putting together a 'Friday Night Live' program and
some of us have been asked to dust off our old instruments.

Your chapter on "Just Pulled the Clarinet Out of the Closet After 25 Years
and Want to Play" sounds perfect.  YIKES! I sound awful! I can't believe I
used to be able to play this thing.

At this time, I have my clarinet sitting on the bathroom counter so that it
will be in a more humid environment.  The local woodwinds' repair shop
suggested this to avoid having my wooden Selmer split if I start playing it
a lot after so many years.

Not only do I sound terrible, but I have never played Klezmer before.
After High Holidays I figure that I will start slowly with a soft reed(when
nobody else is home to hear my squawks) and build up my embuchure.  I'm now
working on my shofar embuchure - so there's no point in confusing the old
lips!

Please let me know how much your book is selling for?  Do you ship to
Canada? How much would that cost?  I might possibly be able to have it sent
to a US address.  Should I order it through a local bookstore/music store?

Thanks,
karen gall