The Clarinetists Guide to Learning Klezmer

My new book, The Clarinetists Guide to Learning Klezmer. Is now available
from:

International Musical Suppliers
    Phone: 1-800-762-1116
E-mail: www.IntlMusicalSuppliers.com
or Tom Puwalski -Tski1128 (at) aol(dot)com

The Clarinetists Guide to Learning Klezmer is a how to book for Clarinetists
want to learn how to perform "traditional" Klezmer. It includes 16
transcriptions of the recordings of Dave Tarras and Naftule Brandwein, and a
plethora of all sorts of clarinet information.  Feel free to email any
questions and Comments I've included the Table of Contents

Preface     iii
Acknowledgments iv
What is Traditional Klezmer?    1
Types of Klezmer Music
    Let's Dance 3
    And Now For Something Different 6
Klezmer Ornamentation    8
I. Just Pulled the Clarinet Out of the Closet After 25 Years and Want to Play
    Equipment   12
    Technique – How Should I. Practice?
    Practice Session A – Get the "Chops" You Need
    Practice Session B – Listen to Klezmer Music
How Can I Learn To Play Klezmer Music?
Using This Book and Musical Examples
Thoughts on Putting Together a Band
Resources
    Discography
    Books, Other Study Aids and Tools
    Sources for Klezmer Music and CDs
    The Place I Buy Any Clarinet Related Items
    My Equipment Choices
Biography
Glossary

Thanks Tom Puwalski, Clarinetist with Lox and Vodka and former principal
Clarinetist with the United States Army Field Band

<-- Chronological --> <-- Thread -->