Re: does anyone know of Russian songs,c. 1900 for CherryOrchard??

Hi  Trudi
A very well known waltz from around the turn of the century is Tonkaya
Ryabina. I don't have the English translation, but it certainly has been
translated in a USA book of Russian folk songs. The first 2 lines are:
"Why are you a-bowing
Slender mountain Rowan?"
Another good tune - quite melancholy and atmospheric is Ne Brani menya,
Podnaya. I only have it in the Russian and have never seen an English
translation. It appears in a collection 'Favourite Russian Folk songs'
published by Muzika, Moscow 1980.

Good luck with your search!
Paul Holden