Re: This is what we have to live with! ( WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS)

I believe that Abraham Pupko sent his e-mail, which really does not
belong on this list, to criticizes those who hate the State of Israel
even though they are Jewish.
This Sunday marks the greatest day of mourning in the Jewish Calendar,
Tisha B'Av, the ninth day of the month of Av.  It was on this day that
the First and Second Temples were destroyed, the Jews were exiled from
Spain in 1492 and a host of other sad events.

Our Sages tell us that the Second Temple was destroyed due to the sin of
Sin'at  Chinam (unwarranted hatred).  This year will mark 1931 years
since that destruction.  The people in these photographs express Sin'at
Chinam of the State of Israel and at the same time pray daily for the
coming of the Messiah who will not come according to many sages while
Sin'at  Chinam exists.

The irony of this is really beyond my humble understanding.  I will pray
this morning and on Tisha B'Av for the coming of the Messiah and the end
of Sin'at  Chinam.  With the help of HaShem, that will occur "rapidly in
our day."

Stephen M. Stowe