Re: Two more queries (!)

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Robert Cohen wrote:

> 1) Does anyone know who wrote the music (if we know) to which Bialik's "Lo
> Bayom v'lo Balayla" is sung (e.g., on Karmon's old Vanguard LP; but
> generally, I think); and

All the recordings we have of this song say "lachan amami" (folk tune).

> 2) Does anyone have (access to; or can direct me to) Hebrew lyrics + English
> (real/linear) translation of Bialik's "Yesh Li Gan"?

You can find the English translation to this song in: Pioneer Songs of
Palestine (Shire Chalutzim). Collected, edited and arr. by A.W. Binder;
with original Hebrew text and English adaptations by Olga Paul. New York:
Edward B. Marks Music Corp., c1942.

Ryna Kedar
Head, Acquisitions & Cataloging Division
The Felicja Blumental Music Center & Library
Tel-Aviv, Israel