Re: Rare historical Yiddish recordings re-released

----- Original Message -----
From: <Sapoznik (at) aol(dot)com>
To: "World music from a Jewish slant" <jewish-music (at) shamash(dot)org>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Rare historical Yiddish recordings re-released

writes:

> << This Cubo-klezmer CD is important historically but the quality is
> very poor. Beware. It can be purchased at the Workman Circle
> Bookstore in NYC. - Itzik Gottesman >>
>
> Double ditto on the above. Also: there is no "klezmer" on the disc; it's
all
> Russian-Yiddish theater music and what instrumental stuff there is, is
> mediated theater arrangements, so even the  title of the anthology is
> misleading. And finally, the notes are barely informative and the portions
> are so small.
>
> Henry Sapoznik

i Aw the CD on sale yesterday in the Jewish Museum's shop.  I was tempted to
buy it, but I decided to see wkat the folks on this mailist said about it.
I'm glad I held off.

But it wasn't a wasted visit.  The Chagal show is interesting, and there are
always things I want to see there, even if I've seen them several times
before.